Orion Conferences values your privacy. We will make every reasonable effort to ensure that any personal information you provide to us is used only for the purposes stated below.
- “Anonymous” information collected online when you visit our websites
- Generally speaking, you can visit the Orion Conferences website without revealing any personal information about yourself. We do keep a record of all server activity, which means that every page, image, or other type of file requested by your browser is written into a log file. Each entry in the log contains, among other things, information about the computer you’re using to connect to the Internet (its “IP address”) and about your browser (e.g., which version of Internet Explorer you’re using). It does not, however, tell us anything about you personally. We use aggregate data from the web logs to determine how the site’s resources are being used and to refine its navigational structure. If the need arises, we may use the logs to trace the source of abusive or illicit activity. In addition to the log files we collect, we use Google Analytics, to collect and analyse this same information.
Cookies placed on your computer when you visit our websites
- A “cookie” is a text file, stored on your computer that includes information that identifies that computer and can be retrieved by a server to create a seamless browsing session. Most cookies used on the Orion Conferences site are deleted when your browser is shut down or in a fixed amount of time, whichever occurs sooner. Member’s only pages, conference submission pages, and other restricted areas use this type of cookie. Most browsers accept cookies by default. If you set your browser to reject all cookies, these areas and others may not function properly. Most browsers have a setting whereby the browser alerts you when a server attempts to place a cookie on your hard drive; you are given the option of accepting or rejecting it.
Personal information collected by Orion Conferences and how it is used
- The Orion Conferences collects personal information primarily from forms on the Orion Conferences website, but also from information submitted to Orion Conferences via other means such as mail, email, fax, phone, etc. Several forms require that you send us personal information. For example:
- Membership forms
- Conference registration and sponsorship forms
- Conference proposal submission forms
- Webinar registration forms
- Job submission and payment forms
- Syllabi and other resource submission forms
- Information request forms
- Publications and other merchandise purchase forms
- In addition to the primary purpose stated or implied at the time the information is collected, we may use your postal or electronic mailing address to send you information about Orion Conferences programs or products, surveys, etc. Because of the special relationship we seek to maintain with our members, Orion Conferences sends members periodic updates and announcements by email, and delivers various membership benefits via email. Orion Conferences may also occasionally contact people via phone to, for example, clear up a registration problem or inquire about a lapsed membership. Orion Conferences also makes data available to companies who provide Orion Conferences member benefits or services if the data is required for the company to fulfil its obligations to Orion Conferences. Orion Conferences uses the demographic and professional information collected on membership, conference, and other forms for aggregate analysis, to personalize our member records for better service, and to create targeted mailing lists.
- Postal and electronic mailing addresses are made available on a use by use basis to third parties who offer services or products relevant to those with a professional interest in leadership. Individuals may, at any time, access their Orion Conferences data profile online and change their mailing preferences to opt out of third party data sharing.
- Personal information we collect is also made available to others via our membership directory and conference registrant list as follows:
- The Orion Conferences membership directory is available online to all members. Members are able to view each other’s membership level (e.g. group, student, and individual), member community affiliations, and personal information including title, department, organization, city, state, country, best phone and email, websites, photo, and bios. Members may, at any time, access their Orion Conferences data profile online to update their information and make certain fields private (i.e. not viewable by other members).
- The conference registrant list is shared with all other registrants, exhibitors, and sponsors to enhance the networking opportunities before and after the conference. It includes: registrant name, title, department, organization, city, state, country, best phone, and email. If a registrant does not want their information shared on the conference registrant list, they may indicate that on the registration form at the time of registration.
Outside data storage and credit card processing
- The Orion Conferences contracts with Member Clicks and Authorize.net to store data on members and business contacts and to process credit card transactions. These companies have their own privacy and security policies, which Orion Conferences is not responsible for. Orion Conferences and Authorize.
Orion Conference’s Social Media Presence
Links to other websites